Welcome to the Official Web Site of the
Trail of Tears Commemorative Motorcycle RideŽ
2018 Ride Sept. 15th
25th, SILVER, Anniversary
It's more than just a ride, it's an experience....
No Registration & No Fees to Ride
- Always the Third Saturday of September
<-- ** add Sweet Home Alabama logo -->
- 2017 Ride
- Trail History
- Ride History
- T-Shirt History
- Riding Tips
- Route Preservation
- 2000 - 2001
- 1995 - 1999
Please respect the customs and laws of the cities & towns we visit.
September 16, 2017 Main Ride Schedule
||We will ride Rain or Shine
|Ride the official route that is recognized by the Alabama Indian Affairs
"dedicated to following the historical route to
Click on Accommodations in the Menu on the left for a list of area motels along the route.
ALABAMA AVE DOWNTOWN BRIDGEPORT ALABAMA...... LINE UP 7 AM CDT LEAVE 8:00 AM CDT SEPT. 16, 2017
|| Kickoff rally in Bridgeport - Friday September 15, 4 PM CDT
From Huntsville AL travel US Hwy 72 to Stevenson AL exit onto State Hwy 277 and go north 6 miles to Bridgeport
and follow the signs to line up on Alabama Ave. in downtown.
From Interstate 24 take exit 152 onto Hwy 72 west to first exit past Alabama state line state Hwy 277 and go
south 2 miles to Bridgeport and follow signs to line up on Alabama Ave. downtown.
STOP#1 REDSTONE Harley-Davidson - Huntsville (apx. 82 miles) Leave 12:00 CDT
REDSTONE HARLEY-DAVIDSON, THE OFFICIAL LUNCH STOP FOR THE TRAIL OF TEARS COMMEMORATIVE RIDE.
VENDORS, FOOD TRUCKS, LIVE MUSIC, COLD DRINKS AND PRIZES!!!
COME JOIN THE FUN!!!!
overflow parking provided by Polaris, behind REDSTONE HARLEY-DAVIDSON
OFFICIAL RIDE STOP VENDOR BOOKING CONTACTS:
Marketing Manager, REDSTONE HARLEY-DAVIDSON
or email - email@example.com phone 256.384.6868
Amber Parvin, Marketing Coordinator- REDSTONE HARLEY-DAVIDSON
or email - firstname.lastname@example.org phone 256.384.6868
Redstone & Montgomery Harley-Davidson
15100 Hwy 20 West
Madison, AL 35756
Waterloo, Official End Of The Ride (app.100 miles) .................... Arrive 3:00pm CDT
|| Starting Friday at 8:30 AM - FREE Three Day POW WOW presented by the Alabama Indian Affairs Commission
Food, Arts & Crafts Vendors
Free Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday Night
FRIDAY - Tosha Hill Band
SATURDAY -Tosha Hill Band
Click Here to See ALL Waterloo Event Info
Vendors contact the Waterloo Town Hall at (256) 764-3237
or email - TownOfH2o@aol.com
Billy & Pam Burns Memorial Ride - Benge Route to join 24th Annual Trail of Tears Commemorative Motorcycle RideŽ in Bridgeport AL
Montgomery, AL - Bridgeport Ride
Friday, September 15th 9am
assemble at 8 AM and leaving at 9:00, Harley Davidson of Montgomery 655 North Eastern Blvd Montgomery, AL 36117
11:00 AM Leaving and stopping at Roebuck Shopping Center in Birmingham and
11:30 PM - Leaving Birmingham Roebuck Shopping Center and
Stopping at DeKalb County Tourism on AL Hwy 35 in Fort Payne and
1:30 PM - Leave DeKalb County Tourism to arrive at the Bridgeport exit off HWY 72 to join the from Cherokee NC Riders at 2:45 PM arrive in Bridgeport, AL at 3 PM.
3 PM - Bridgeport exit off HWY 72- Ride into downtown for the Kickoff Rally.
For more information contact
Dennis Johnson email
email@example.com or call (334) 202-4389.
Alan Ward Memorial Ride to Oklahoma
Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Creek, Seminole Nation
Sunday September 17th 2017
(Unescorted - Ride At You Own Risk)
Meet Sunday Morning at Sacred Tears for the UNESCORTED Ride to Oklohoma
An unescorted ride will leave Spring Park at 8:00 AM CDT for the Muscogee (Creek) Nation in Okmulgee OK. Lunch stop will be at Wild Hog Saloon in Helena AR and Sunday night stop will be in Hot Springs AR 800-643-8722 Winners Circle for discount rate We will leave from Oaklawn Jockey Club parking lot at 8:00 AM CDT to continue onto the Muscogee (Creek) Nation in Okmulgee OK
Our "PLANNED Route is below - this may change so use as a Guideline
- Kick stands up at 0800am: Make sure you have a full tank of gas, 1stgas stop 116 miles
- Hwy 72 West for 94.6 miles, Turn left on MS-7
- Drive 17 miles to Cousins Shell Holly Springs, MS for a 30 minute gas stop 662-252-3150
- Depart MS-4 West/MS-7 South drive 1.7 miles turn right on MS-4 West
- Drive 57 miles turn left on US 61Ř Drive 15.7 miles turn right on US 49
- Drive 10 miles enter into Arkansas
- Turn right onto US 49 business district after you cross the river
- Turn right onto Missouri Street then turn right onto Cherry Street
- Arrive at Wild Hog Saloon Helena Arkansas for a 1 hour lunch stop
- Depart Wild Hog Saloon follow 49N business District
- Turn left onto US 79 South/I-530 North stay to your left onto US 79South/I-530
- Drive 12 miles take exit 34
- 30 minute Gas stop at Big Red Valero Travel Plaza,
- 8110 Sheridan Rd White Hall Ark 870-247-0749
- Depart back on 270 West drive 44.3 miles take ramp to left for I-30 West
- Drive 1.4 miles and take exit 98B to continue on 270 West
- Drive 18.3 miles take exit 5B right onto AR-7/Central Avenue
- Drive 1.4 miles to Best Western Stage Coach 2520 Central Avenue Hot Springs, AR PH: 501-624-2531
- Make sure to let them know you are riding with the Trail of Tears for a discount
All Routes subject to change without notice.